Title: Senior Human Resources Generalist : MTI : Mine Training Institute : San Carlos, AZ
Location: US:AZ:Technical Training Institute
Freeport:McMoRan Copper and Gold Inc. is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, arizona
. We operate large, long:lived, geographically diverse assets on four continents, with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold and molybdenum. As a core value, we pledge to continuously improve in meeting our commitment to work in the most safe, inclusive, environmentally and socially responsible manner practicable. Safety and health initiatives, both on and off the job, are a critically important investment in our employees.
We offer outstanding opportunities for individuals seeking a challenging, exciting and rewarding work environment for a company that supplies the world with metals that will sustain and expand economies and build infrastructure in developing nations. A world of opportunities is available to individuals who share in our commitments.
Implementing the annual HR goals by coordinating and delivering the required activities in order to meet Functional/Business Unit objectives.
* Implementing the organizations HR processes, practices and systems to build organizational and people capability (i.e., staffing, performance management, training and development, employee relations)
* Implementing workforce planning and forecasting initiatives in alignment with site HR goals and delivering accordingly
* Providing advice on HR, labor regulatory issues; providing coaching to leaders to support effective relationships with their employees
* Implementing cost effective and practical HR solutions while ensuring the ability to attract and retain required skills
* Implementing projects as directed by site HR leadership, facilitating change management, engagement, coaching and advising of stakeholders
* Utilizing corporate support resources to deliver tactical and operational support by ensuring effective delivery
* Implementing HR improvements as directed in order to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency in the site
* Perform other duties as requested
Bachelors degree and three (3) years of human resources experience or operations professional:level experience, which includes human resources work, OR
Post:secondary education and five (5) years experience in human resources management or other relevant discipline, plus three (3) more years of human resources experience or operations professional:level experience which includes human resources work
* Requires competency in project execution, proactive employee relations
* Preferential treatment will be given to Native Americans living on or near a Native American reservation
* Work is mostly performed in an office setting. Occasionally work will be performed in a mine, outdoor or manufacturing plant setting
* Occasionally may be required t